Supporting 67 organizations and over 2,220,000 people worldwide
With a new annual budget of €400,000, the Nexans Foundation has already supported 145 projects in 38 countries in partnership with 67 organizations bringing electrical power to nearly 2,220,000 people.
The Nexans Foundation supports large well-known non-profit associations involved in the access to energy such as "Electriciens Sans Frontières", the Group for the Environment, Renewable Energy and Solidarity (GERES) and the "Fondation Énergies pour le Monde" (Fondem), TECHO for large-scale projects, as well as smaller organizations such as Shekina, EcoSwell, Woman of Africa.
We work across the world primarily in countries affected by energy poverty – most projects are developed in Sub-Saharan Africa, but also Morocco, Lebanon, Asia, South America, Haiti and France.
Key projects in Africa
Key projects in Latin America
Our projects worldwide
Since its creation in 2013, the Nexans Foundation has contributed to the development of the electrification of regions experiencing energy poverty.
Because Nexans “Electrify the Future”, our Foundation supports associations sharing a commitment similar to ours.
Discover the interactive map of our on-going projects over the world. Select the language by clicking on the flag shown at the bottom right of the map.
Do you want to submit a project?
Call for projects 2023: Closed for 2023!
The Nexans Foundation has launched its 11th call for projects to support solidarity initiatives that fight energy insecurity and poverty around the world.
Project life cycle
- Online project submission
- Project appraisal and pre-selection
- Presentation and selection of projects and sponsors to the Selection and Evaluation Committee
- Presentation and vote of the Board of Directors
- Signature of an agreement between the Nexans Foundation and the associations, and payment of the first funds
- Project monitoring byt the Nexans Foundations and sponsors
- Involvement of local sites and staff
- Internal and external promotion of the project
- Final project report including impact assessment.
Fondation Nexans 2023 projet selection charterDownload
Select your country to find our products and solutions
- Ivory Coast
- North West Africa